Trust the Moon. Follow the Sun. Face the Sea. Ground the Earth. ™

Friday, March 4, 2016

Trust goes to Vegas


Vegas Recapp //
Its been awhile…new year hustle & tradeshow prep means neglecting the blog…but whoever actually reads this is used to that ; )

I decided to just copy & paste that line from the last post because I realized I start every post the same way so now I am just going to insert my reasoning for slacking. 
Jan & most of Feb, I was in hibernation prepping for Vegas. I took a few days off to hit the mts which was much needed to refresh & reboot after weeks & hours on the grind.
Travel feeds my soul…I will never say no to an adventure.

Trust WENT to Vegas & the hustle was all WORTH it.

Vegas isn’t my favorite place…at all.
 I went when I was 18 for dance & loved it. I actually wanted to move there instead of moving to college. That didn’t go over well.
Now…8 years later, I would probably rather eat a bowl of mayo than move there. For any who knows me that’s a HUGE statement, I can barely look at mayo.
It was AWESOME being there (biz wise) amongst brands, lines and people I’ve always looked up to. BUT I couldn’t wait to get out to the desert to adventure, road trip & explore.
That’s the beauty of this job.
I mix my favorite things…trust hustle & travel…and that’s why  I love it.
Vegas was full of familiar faces & a lottttt of new faces. 
I kept a  notebook so I wouldn’t forget…saving bizcards, emails and connections.
The week was exhausting but I couldn’t be happier about it.
The feeling of working long days is so rewarding to me. I was honored to be an “exhibitor” at  MAGIC // one of the biggest buying markets in the country.
Even if I did have bags under my eyes everyday and lived off trail mix for breakfast, lunch and some dinners (gotta cut when you can.) A full moon has passed since I have been back which calls in for Refresh & Renew. 
I think 2 weeks later, I finally am starting to feel it.
One of the familiar faces that made my trip complete was Emma, owner of Citrine on Martha’s Vineyard. She’s also my soul sistah. I wouldn’t  have been in Vegas if it wasn’t for Emma & life on MV. I started Trust when I was working at her shop a couple days a week to balance out the craziness of waitressing & bartending in such a hectic environment. I loved Citrine because I could walk from my apt & it was always a mellow, comforting place. Emma was my first real friend on the island and till this day she is still one of my favorite people in the entire world. I have never met someone so genuine, talented and humble. I started selling antique key jewelry in Citrine and from there...you know the rest.

I got to see my KuDeTa girls.
Its pretty important to me to maintain business relationships & friendships. Kudeta starting carrying Trust a few years ago & since then, they have treated me like their own. It was really special to  see them in Vegas & dine (and wine) and night cap at the Bellagio.
So fancy.

I could write forever about my experience but plan to share all of my new stores & friends as we go.
Can’t let out all my secrets now.

ADVENTURin’ through the desert…
Kaitlin (from the east coast, Italy friend, friend from kindergarten…you’ve all met her) Kaitlin flew into Vegas & helped me at the show. From Vegas, we roadtripped back to CA where she spent a week living here with me.
We hit up the Hoover Dam on our way out & made it to the Grand Canyon by dusk…brought a picnic & wine and watched the sunset & the moon rise.
  We stayed at ze CUTEST A-Frame Air B&B in Flagstaff and had breakfast in town and ordered almost one of everything on the menu. 
Avo toast, egg tacos, almond pancakes...you name it.
We stopped on the side of the road  a lot to support the local makers slingin’ their turquoise…I wanted it all.
We hiked in Sedona. 
We hit a trading post where I adopted Baby Bella, my bison skull. I bought too much southwestern swag and I want more. I know I will go back there again some time in my life.
So much on the road ahead…
We’ll be trustin’ at AbbotKinneyMarketPlace in Venice 3/12
Seal Beach & Long Beach Trust jewels comin’ atcha at Elison Rd..
Sisters of Nature & Castilleja Nashville are stocked UP
Trusin’ the OC at CocoRose Boutique…stay tuned for our Coachella event!!!!

Longest Post Evah. For whoever is still here reading, HEYO!
Thanks to each & everyone of you.

XX

T

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tanya, I just learned about your adventures -- from your grandmother, my first cousin, Gloria! I'd love to meet you some time. I live in the SF Bay Area. You have a wonderful site and I'll be back. Now to SHOP here! love Camille

    ReplyDelete