Trust the Moon. Follow the Sun. Face the Sea. Ground the Earth. ™

Sunday, March 12, 2017

March in the Mountains


Happy March from the mountains everyone!
February Trust Hustle/ Gypsy Shuffle was REAL.
In my previous post I was sitting in SUNNY SoFLA drinking coffee & planning a beach day. Right now, I am sitting in sunny Mammoth drinking coffee & planning a snowboard day.
 I would say life if pretty good.
I spent two weeks in SOCAL squeezing in as many Trust road trips, meetings, coffee dates, friend catch ups & business slays as I could. I also squeezed in an adventure to Ojai, hiking in my favorite spots & happy hours at my favorite places. 
I was immediately re-inspired being back in the hood.

 I visited a few new trust accounts that had ordered when I was on the East Coast. It's always really cool to walk into a shop & see trust jewels in my face…I still think to myself…how the hell? Trust is still pretty small & I love it the way it is. 
I’m not trying to blow up & compete with millions of other brands. I want it to always be a genuine representation of who I am & what I love. 
Small & Simple. Handmade & Creative.
Trust is enabling me to live a life I love & that’s all I want.
 I created this so I could have the freedom to travel…and do work from wherever I wanted, really. I now can take off to SoFLA if I want or move to mammoth for a month and work remotely. I can go snowboarding on a Tuesday afternoon, beaching on a Monday, Hiking mid-day. The thing is, anyone can have a life they want…When you level up your idea of whats possible + decide to really go for it, you open yourself up to the means to accomplish it.
I will never apologize for living a F yes life.

All Ye Citizens dreamy shop
Trust Road Trip to OCEANSIDE
I spent a day with Dani, owner & boss babe of All Ye Citizens. I worked with Dani back when she was bloggin' life & then ran into her accidentally in Nashville. She always told me when she opened up her own shop, Trust was on the list. Dani opened up All Ye Citizens this year in Oceanside, CA. It was so cool to see her dream alive!
From SoCal to the Mts 
Meetings with my homegirl soul sistah @thewestsidecollective at the local brewery...what's better than beers & biz meetings?

Mammoth Hot Springs...I could write a novel on our trek here. 
Woman Vs. Wild

Last year, I took many trips from the beach up to the mountains & I always felt SO inspired being here. I never wanted to leave. So this year, I asked myself where do I really want to be. Where do I need to pull inspiration for some new trust work…and the answer of the mountains came to me.  I will never take this office for granted. 

So here I am. I moved to the mountains for the month with two of my best west coast girlfriends. We have the cutest AirB&B with a little fireplace that we already broke & we wake up ON the mountain everyday. Some days, I go to the local coffee shop to do work…other days I wake up to hit the first runs FULL of powder. (For anyone who doesn’t know, Mammoth is having a record year for snowfall…HELL YA CA is no longer in a drought!)

I always say the most challenging part of owning a business...maybe even of life, for me, is living in the moment vs. planning ahead. I have lots of trust plans in the works...photo shoots ahead, meetings, designing a new line = headspinZ. Thats why when it comes to personal plans I love the no plan, plan. For right now, I am enjoying this peaceful moment looking out the windows at snow banks that reach the second floor windows & I am so grateful.

I love getting sappy sometimes. 
Happy March Y’all.
Stay tuned for what's ahead!
XX




1 comment: