Trust the Moon. Follow the Sun. Face the Sea. Ground the Earth. ™

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Gift of Creating


It always drives me nuts when people don't appreciate homemade gifts,local artisans, or antiques. Growing up in the antique business, I learned how unique and special things are. I have always appreciated it. Doing something creative with old things is really special, I think. Being able to look at an object and picture it created into something else...kind of amazing. A lot of people ask me when I wear my key jewelry,"what is the key to?" They usually reply with a corny line like, "to your heart?" I actually have no idea what the keys go to. I can distinguish which keys are clock keys, doors keys, and furniture keys but I have no clue what particular clock, door, or furniture each key goes to. So I wear this key around my neck that goes to a door that is somewhere in the world right now and I have no idea where. The door has possibly even been made into something else. Kind of neat to think of.

I found some old tin photos and have been thinking of some designs I could make out of them and into jewelry.That I can tack onto my winter project list...

P.S. This is my favorite door. Adare Manor Castle, Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment